terminally wanderlust

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Peach

I find nothing more perfect on this day
than a peach
which could be the most sensual food
on the planet.
It tantalizes all of me
and I am wholly consumed.
Eyes shut
I press my lips against the flesh
cool
soft
aromatically sweet
like the essence of biting into it
but not actually tasting...
not yet.
I run my tongue against its soft roundness
and sense the curves
and it takes me round
like learning the dance of a new lover.
I palm its weightiness,
deceptively heavy for its size.
I breathe into its navel,
its tree-stemmed origin,
and I imagine
succulent
sticky juices
flowing around red lips
anxious with anticipation of taste.
I sit quiet for a moment
just the peach and I
and we experience one another.
and I bite.
sink my teeth into its fleshy meat
breath its sweet floral-earthy aroma
allow the perfect juice to dance freely on my lips
down my chin
through my fingertips.
It tantalizes all of me
and is wholly consumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home